Privacy Notice and Policy
We at Yael Sonia (alternatively, “YaelSonia.com” , “we” or “us”) respect your concerns about and right to privacy. This Global Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about our consumers, how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to our consumers regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. In particular, we want to describe and disclose to you what kind of information we may collect from you through our website www.yaelsonia.com (the “Website”).
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide it at our store, on our Website, through our apps and any social media channels, at any of our events, through surveys, via text messages or on the telephone. Through our Website, we collect information about you that you submit voluntarily. This information may include both personally identifiable information (“PII”), which may enable us or others to identify you personally, and non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”). By way of example only, PII may include your first and last names and your email address, and any other information you may voluntarily provide. Non-PII may include information which, by itself, does not identify you personally, but in combination with other PII or other information may facilitate identifying you personally. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- • Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- • username and password;
- • payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- • purchase and transaction information;
- • customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history);
- • photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- • information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- • contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and
- • information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
How We Use The Information We Collect
- • Provide products and services to you;
- • provide you with our newsletter;
- • respond to you regarding any inquiries or comments you have submitted to us through our Website;
- • process your payments;
- • create and manage your account;
- • send you promotional materials and other communications;
- • communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- • respond to your inquiries;
- • operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- • reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- • verify your identity;
- • protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- • comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
Interest-Based Advertising, Third Party Websites and Services
Information We Share
Your Rights and Choices
Online Tracking and How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
When you use our Website and apps, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) may collect personal information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites. Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. At this time, our Website and apps are not designed to respond to all types of DNT signals or similar mechanisms from browsers as there is no common, industry-accepted standard for doing so. Thus, information about your online activities may continue to be tracked on our site and used to maintain our website’ s functionality and for our own analytics purposes described in this Privacy Notice even if your browser sends us a DNT signal. However, when we recognize a relevant DNT signal, we aim to suppress the third-party tags that are used to recognize your computer once you navigate away from our site and which are used to present you with Yael Sonia advertisements. As noted, since there is no uniform standard for DNT signal recognition, we may update our policy and practice as new technologies and solutions emerge. As indicated in the “Your Rights and Choices” section above, we offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect about you and our interest-based advertising activities.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
You must be 18 years or older to use this web site, and therefore we do not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under age 18. If you are under age 18, please ask your parent before sending any information to our site or anyone else online. Have your parent contact us as indicated below in order to provide us with prior written consent. We will not intentionally use personal information from or send marketing communications to children under age 13 without prior parental consent. If you believe that a minor has disclosed PII to us please report this to us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us during regular business hours at: (212) 472-6488.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to the United States and countries outside of the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Global Privacy Notice.
How We Protect Personal Information and Security
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We make reasonable efforts to make sure that such information is stored securely and safely. Regardless of these efforts by us, no data transmission over the public Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure at all times. Consequently, although we may use reasonable efforts to secure access to information, including PII that might be in our possession, we will not be liable for any failure to safeguard such information, whether inadvertent or otherwise. If such information is also stored with third parties who have informed us that they also use reasonable efforts to secure access to such information, we will not be liable for the failure of any third party to safeguard such information, whether inadvertent or otherwise.
- • Provide aggregate and anonymous statistics on how our site is used;
- • See how effective our advertisements are by identifying where you click and from which website you arrived;
- • Provide feedback to carefully selected third party partners that one of our visitors also visited their website;
- • Help us improve the site by capturing errors in your browsing experience.
- • Provide you with improved site functionality by allowing access to additional services or restoring your shopping bag if you wish to return on a subsequent browsing session.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction